|2018-05-16|||||Yamagata Biennale 2018 + YIDFF: “Evenings on Cinema Street”|
It’s the season of Yamagata Biennale 2018, the city’s biennial art festival! Upcoming this September, the event will again host a collaboration program with YIDFF titled “Evenings on Cinema Street.” In between screenings of documentaries programmed under the festival theme “Like Mountains,” there’ll be talk events bringing together the festival’s artistic director Arai Ryoji, filmmaker Mogi Ayako and one of her protagonists Fukumori Shin (head of Shobu Gakuen), and Chairman of the Tohoku University of Art and Design Negishi Kichitaro. Come one come all for exciting discussions about cinema and art.
Yamagata Biennale 2018 + YIDFF
“Evenings on Cinema Street”
- • September 7 (Fri) 19:00
Dir: Chico Pereira / SPAIN, GERMANY, UK / 2017 / Bu-ray / 86 min / YIDFF 2017 International Competition
* Talk session with Biennale’s artistic director Arai Ryoji will be held after the show.
• September 14 (Fri) 19:00
- While We Kiss The Sky
Dir: Mogi Ayako, Werner Penzel / JAPAN / 2016 / Bu-ray / 79 min
* Talk session with director Mogi Ayako and Head of Shobu Gakuen Fukumori Shin will be held after the show.
• September 21 (Fri) 19:00
- Stubborn Dreams
Dir: Dir: Szobolits Béla / HUNGARY / 1989 / 16mm / 93 min / YIDFF ’91 International Competition The Robert and Frances Flaherty Prize
* Talk session with filmmaker and Chairman of the Tohoku University of Art and Design Negishi Kichitaro and YIDFF Yamagata Office Director Kusakabe Katsuyoshi will be held after the show.
* Every talk session will be conducted in Japanese only.[Venue]
- KUGURU (1F Tongari Bldg., Nanukamachi 2-7-23, Yamagata City)
* For reservation, please check out the BIENNALE official website below from July 2 (Mon) 11:00.
- [Coordinated by]
- YIDFF (NPO), Hori Ken’ichiro
- phone: 023-666-4480 (YIDFF Yamagata office)
For more information Yamagata Biennale 2018 website: “Evenings on Cinema Street” (in Japanese)