Call for YIDFF 2017 Volunteers
Why not volunteer your time to help run the film festival? First timers are welcome. Get to be an insider to the international event, meet new people, enjoy the experience! Be a part of the festival’s success! Come to our briefings to see if you would like to sign up.
* Returning volunteers need not attend the briefings. Please sign up through the YIDFF Office.
Volunteer Briefings (In Yamagata)
- • July 9 (Sun) 15:00, 19:00 (twice)
• August 6 (Sun) 15:00, 19:00 (twice)
- [Venue] Room 1, 3F, Yamagata City’s General Welfare Center
• July 30 (Sun) 15:00, 19:00 (twice)
- [Venue] Yamagata City Community Activity Support Center [Kajo Central Building 23F (Yamagata Station West Entrance)]
* Each briefing takes one hour, and all sessions are the same.
* We are unable to supply parking tickets, so please make your own arrangements.
- Venue management: Decorating walls, selling tickets, assisting audience, etc. Those who speak foreign languages are especially welcome.
- Guest supporters: You will be assisting invited guests to the festival. Greeting and sending off at the station etc.
- Guest supporters (Tokyo): You will be assisting guests at Narita airport and Tokyo station, helping them travel safely between Tokyo and Yamagata.
- Publicity: Spread the word! Putting up posters, speaking on TV and radio, etc.
- MCing: Volunteers hold the mike on the main YIDFF stage to lead question and answer sessions with guests.
- Reporting and publishing daily festival newsletter Daily Bulletin
- Managing the Citizens’ Prize: This prize is given to the film chosen by popular vote.
- Managing Komian Club: The famous watering hole of the festival is also run by volunteers.
- Operating simultaneous translation equipment: An important job allowing films without subtitles to be understood via headsets.
- Managing the Farewell Party: The final party after the awards ceremony will close the festival.
- phone: 81-23-666-4480 (YIDFF Yamagata Office)