Regarding the Organization of the Venues
There will be no assigned seating or numbered ticketing during the YIDFF 2011.
Webpage (for mobile) http://yidff.jp/m/ (in Japanese)
Mini blog (Twitter) @yidff_kaijou (in Japanese)
YIDFF offers streaming video at http://yidff2011.jimdo.com/
Events at Citizens’ Hall Gallery
Special live performance of Malaysian shadow play, Wayang Kulit
- • October 7 (Fri) 17:00
• October 8 (Sat) 13:00, 19:30 (twice)
- “The Story of Maharaja Wana”
Yamagata Citizens’ Hall Gallery (17:00, 13:00)
Open space in front of Yamagata Citizens’ Hall (19:30)
Machinaka Nigiwai Festival
- This festival, which aims to convey the appeal and vitality of Yamagata, is scheduled to feature “Kimono de Yamagata,” Street Jazz Festival, a bazaar, imoni stalls, sales of local produce, demonstrations of traditional crafts, and much more.
Date: October 9 (Sun)
Venues: Nanoka-Machi Street and Nanoka-Machi Ichibangai Shopping Street
Organizers: Machinaka Nigiwai Festival, related organizations and more
La Noche Sabrosa—One Night Cuban Music Live
- Related to “Islands / I Lands, NOW—Vista de Cuba,” we will present special live with trio group Suena Cubano from Cuba! PANTA from Zuno Keisatsu (Brain Police) will jump in!
Date and Time: October 11 (Tue) Open: 19:30 Start: 20:00
Admission: 2,300 yen (General), 2,000 yen (with YIDFF Festival Pass, ID Pass or ticket)
YIDFF Book Fair 2011
- A book fair featuring books on film will be held at the Yamagata Hachimonjiya main bookstore. Please come and browse before screening the film.
Date: Through October 13 (Thu)